Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Popping In

I remember the good old days when I had the time, energy, and inspiration to blog 5 or 6 days a week. Of course then i was simply a dreamer, a wanna be writer.Some of those dreams have come true and with every one that does my time dwindles away.

I'm not complaining so much as I am explaining my absence not only at this blog but yours as well. Soon my freelancing football gig will end for the year, and my Lettuce Is The Devil proposal package will be polished and in the hands of my agent so I hope to do better.

I've also been promoting Whispers by doing a few interviews around the blogosphere.

Today I'm at ONE THE FRONT PORCH :musing of a southern belle talking about french prostitutes, and who would win in a showdown between Andy Taylor and Matt Dillon.

Yesterday I was at This Writing Life talking about writing and motivation.

I'm going to be stopping by a few more blogs so I'll keep y'all posted on my whereabouts and I'll try to stop in and visit y'all as well.

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Definitely been a busy time for you. luck on the lettuce is the devil package.

Dawn Anon said...

I haven't been on the blogs much lately.... so i'm thrilled about some of your new news (new to me). I raced off to read the interview at Writing Life then immediately downloaded Whispers. Congrats on the direction things are moving.

Jenn Jilks said...

You gotta do what you gotta do!
I am gainfully unemployed. My last hospice client passed away. I have time to blog.

Cheers from pretty wet S.E. Ontario Cottage Country!
And we'd share the rain with Texas, if we could.

Old Kitty said...

For a minute there, I thought the Vegetarian Defense League got you but nope - you are being all writerly instead!! Yay!! :-)

Glad you are ok and doing the rounds with your stories and writing and novel!! Good for you!!

Take care
x

Ricky Bush said...

Hang with it! It'll pay dividends.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Blogs have to take the back seat to "serious writing." We all understand that!

David Cranmer said...

It can be tough networking when you have to balance with day job, family, and writing.

Best of luck, Travis.

Jerry said...

From the Front Porch interview to here. Looking forward to a bit of perusal.

The only excuse I offer for not updating my blog for a length of time is: "If there are no words, I don't write. When the words come, I write'.

Regards,

Jerry

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Good to know. Rock on.


Send cooler air.

Kevin in Plano