Monday, June 11, 2007

Back in the groove


I off in Houston sweating in the heat and humidity. Actually, right now I'm sitting in the nice air conditioned confines of my room on the fifteenth floor of the Hilton. I can look right out my window at Minute Maid park, home of the Houston Astros.




As promised here is a picture from the recent Frontiers in Writing Conference in Amarillo, Texas. This one is of Cicily Janus -better known on this blog as bluefingers, keynote speaker Barry Eisler, and of course the tall goofy looking one is me.




Barry is not only a best selling author, be sure and check out his latest novel, Requiem for an Assassin, but a heck of a speaker and a really nice guy. He shared a ton of advice on how to market yourself both before and after publication.
I am currently reading his first novel in the John Rain series titled, Rain Fall and I'm really enjoying it.
I'll post more conference pictures and stories later, including my new life of crime, but for now I'm gonna keep it short since my nerves are shot. Man do I hate airports, and three in one day is about all I can stand.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture...

Enjoy Houston! Can't wait to hear your stories. And thanks again for inviting me to your neck of the woods. I had a fabulous time.

Yours, always,
~Me

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Hi Travis,
It sounds like you had a grat time. I have never heard Barry Eisler speak, but now I really want to.
Terrie

Dawn said...

I do envy the expertise that is on tap in the States. I see Barry Eisler comments over on the JA Konrath blog - one place where there is always lots of good info.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I know. Wasn't he a fantastic speaker? He just had a charisma about him.
Great blog, by the way. I think you have a new reader. :)