Monday, May 7, 2007

When things go bad ...

They go really bad. Now I have lost my thumb drive, the heart and soul of my writing. Yes I have copies of my stuff but the very latest versions were on this thumb drive, including the only version of chapter two and three of my latest WIP.

And I have traveled to hell and back today, the doctor's office, pharmacy, college registrar to sign my son up for another round of dance. Then to work, lunch at Subway, because now I got to be like Jared. When is that dude's fifteen minutes up anyway? Then Critique group. Damn, Damn, Damn. What are the chances I'll find it or somehow get it back? My bet says None drags Slim out the back door kicks his skinny arse.

Did I already say Damn, Damn , Damn?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn Travis....Sorry isn't a word that is even appropriate for your situation. I don't even think a hallmark card would be appropriate.

These things come in threes, right? You have had, well, more than three. Lets hope tomorrow you get offered a contract to make up for the hell that today has brought to your door.

Yours,

Me