Sunday, April 15, 2007

I'm not alone

I just finished reading The Monk Downstairs by Tim Farrington. I'm always looking for published examples of the kind of stuff I write, so when I came across this book on a recent venture to my local brick and mortar I was immediately intrigued. An emotional story, characters trying to pick up the pieces of their broken dreams, a thread of romance -- written by a man. Well, needless to say, I had to buy the novel and I'm glad I did. My hats off to the author for not only creating a good story but for giving me a beacon. Every male that writes, and gets published, a story that deals with emotions, love, and life, and includes a woman's POV is my hero. Yes, it can be done and when it is done well, as it is here, the gender of the author does not come into play. A good story is a good story.

Now if I can just convince a literary agent that my novel fits into that category.

No comments: